First thing to do is set the payroll for 30 years :
File/Exit Oracle Applications.
Now for the Preferences
Note that steps 4,5,6 are all selecting from a list; there is no direct entry . Once you have it all correct it should look like
Now do file/save and repeat the entries 3-6 above for all ove the other entries required.
This will take about 15 mins per the instructions
- On the Preferences form, click the Eligibility Criteria tab on the Preferences form and enter a blank query (Ctrl+F11).
- Click in the first empty row and create a new record with the following values:
- Name of rule: Payroll Rule
- Name of Branch: PackagedApps-Payroll
- Link By: Payroll
- Linked to: OTN Vision Weekly
- Precedence: Use any unique number that has not been entered on the form. You should enter a high number, such as 10000, because the precedence is calculated in descending order.
- Save and close the form.
If tis done right it should look like
Assign the Accrual Plan to the Test Users
- For every accrual plan there is a recurring element created with the same name as the accrual plan. This element needs to be attached to the assignment from the element entry screen.
- Navigate to HRMS Management, Vision Corporation > HRMS Manager > People > Enter and Maintain.
- Find the test user using the first and last names. (See the 01_seed_test_users.sql script for their full names)
- Navigate to Assignment > Entries (or) Fastpath > Element Entries.
- Add elements by clicking in the first empty row and creating a new record with the following values:
- Element Name - Sick Time Accrual, Processing Type - Recurring
- Element Name - Vacation Accrual, Processing Type - Recurring
- Element Name - Family Medical Leave, Processing Type - Recurring
- Select File > Save
Repeat until all test employees are done ( why they could not just do this with a bunch of PL/SQL APIs I do not know
That is enough for one blog. Tomorrow I will blog about fixing OTL . A basic step and hopefully should go according to the manual.
So far we have been OK, just minor fixings.